Date:      Wed, 02 Nov 2022 14:11:39 +0000
From:      Jonathan Vasquez <jon@xyinn.org>
To:        Thomas Zander <riggs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Errata Notices <errata-notices@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Errata Notice FreeBSD-EN-22:21.zfs

I spoke to Richard today, and asked him your question on your behalf. He sa=
id the following:

"Most of the time, the issue does not go to disk. When it does they are not=
 well understood yet. He would probably know if it did since things could g=
o horribly wrong, but if he wants to try to be sure, he could try using zdb=
 -bcc ... to try to verify certain things about his pool, but again, the re=
sults of undefined behavior in the btree code is not well understood. It is=
 a very complex thing to analyze and I have not had time to do that. There =
are a couple of bug reports in GitHub that I suspect are related, but canno=
t prove currently."

Jonathan Vasquez
PGP: 34DA 858C 1447 509E C77A D49F FB85 90B7 C4CA 5279
Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email