Date:      Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:00:39 +0000
From:      David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help needed for pcmcia card

Arthur Chang wrote:
> Pcmcia Card:-
> Prolink V.90 pcmcia modem (model 1456c)
> Socket Communication INC serial adapter

Let's try it step by step. The modem first.
I have the international version (LKI) of this modem.
Here is my entry from pccard.conf:

card "PCMCIA  " "56K V.90 Fax Modem (LK) "
#        config 0x17 "sio1" 3 0x00002
       config 0x17 "sio1" 3
        reset 1000
        insert logger -t pccard:$devices -s Trust Modem inserted
        remove logger -t pccard:$devices -s Trust Modem removed

Try the line with the additional flag if you get irq level buffer
overflows.
The above configuration puts your modem on the io address and irq of the
second serial interface (sio1/COM2).
I do not know which IRQs are used by the FIR and USB on your notebook. 3
may be taken by FIR so maybe you must change the 3 in the above
configuration to some irq which is free or disable FIR in the BIOS.

Your second PCMCIA card is a second serial port.
I'm afraid we will run out of free IRQs here. But tell me first if the
modem is working.

David.