Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:05:42 +0200
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pull in upstream before 9.1 code freeze?

On 7/3/12 3:36 PM, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 07:39:34 -0500, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@des.no> wrote:
>

>> I don't think there will be as much whinging as you expect.  Times have
>> changed.
>
> Agreed; if we need DNS in base (really, why?)

Because when people install a server, they expect it to be able to
resolve host names ?

I fail to see how I'd be able to build BIND (or whatever other resolver)
from the ports tree if my server wasn't able to download the sources in
the first place.

Using a third-party's name servers is not an option ;)