Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:17:59 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
To:        reyesf@super.zippo.com
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why ERRATA.TXT not exists in the www.freebsd.org?

  Hi,

Francisco Reyes:
> >Because ERRATA.TXT is not in the CVS repository, it is difficult for us
> >to know whether ERRATA.TXT is updated or not.

> I would like your feedback on what, if any, other files you have had
> this problem with. We are starting a Spanish translation.

There are following FreeBSD-related Japanese documents:

1.  Japanese boot floppy
    help files in /src/release/sysinstall/help/*.hlp

2.  Japanese Documentation Project (doc-jp) have tranlated following
    documents:

    FreeBSD Handbook
        translation started: Feb 1996
        imported into freefall CVS: Nov 1996
    FreeBSD FAQ
        translation started: Sep 1996
        imported into freefall CVS: Nov 1997
    FreeBSD WWW
        translation started: Jun 1997
        imported into freefall CVS: Nov 1997

    We just started the translation of FreeBSD tutorials.

All of above files (English version) are in the freefall CVS
repository, so it is very easy to sync the Japanese version with the
English version.

> What order did you follow? We did the Hardware and install files from
> the CDrom and now are going to do the Handbook.

It's a nice idea.  We did in the same order.

---
Motoyuki Konno                  mkonno@res.yamanashi-med.ac.jp  (Univ)
                                motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp        (Home)
                                motoyuki@jp.FreeBSD.ORG      (FreeBSD)