Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 22:16:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Contact info...

Well, I've had some freebsd evangelists beat me up a little bit about
our web pages yesterday, and since they made some good points I thought
I'd share them with y'all, the docs & web team. :-)

First point is that there's no "Contacting Us" page at the very top.
People don't want to wade through reams of documentation when all
they want to know is who to contact over some commercial item, or
where to send questions, or whatever.

I realize that this information is all available elsewhere, but what
they're looking for (I think) is something more like:

Contacting The FreeBSD Project:
-------------------------------

Commercial vendor contacts & PR:	Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.org>

General Questions:			questions@FreeBSD.org

Security Problems:			security-officer@FreeBSD.org

Project Developers:			committers@FreeBSD.org

Technical Discussion:			hackers@FreeBSD.org

User Registration (receive a free
newsletter and general announcements
pertaining ONLY to FreeBSD - no spam!):	http://www.freebsd.org/registration.html

<probably more I'm forgetting>

This would basically be a quick glossary for finding people and mailing
lists when you don't know who to turn to.  And yes, that registration
page doesn't exist yet but this is another top priority for us since
something else the evangelists yelled about was us not trying to get
a better feel for our demographics so that ISVs/corporate america
could feel more comfortable about FreeBSD as a viable OS.

There was also talk of a security page, which I've asked Guido about
and can only hope that he'll address sometime soon. :)  I think that's
also of great importance.

Comments?

					Jordan