Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:13:41 +0100
From:      alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer)
To:        libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   thread stuff broken

Hi!

Something is really broken here.

I have problems with the thread system on -CURRENT.

With Qt support, you can only build the libs, when you add -lc_r to
the lib/tcl/Makefile.inc1 LDADDs. (pthread functions are missing
otherwise)
_Of course_, TVision (devel/tvision, not the libh part) crashes, when
libh is linked against -lc_r.

So, at the moment, you have only two choices:

Build with NOQT=yes and use TVision.
Build with -lc_r and use Qt.

They don't like to work together.  I'm going ot fix that at the
weekend, I don't have time today for this earlier.  And I *really+
hope, that I can fix it.

If anyone can help me, you are welcome :-)

Maybe I'll just have to ask Will to add a flag to the qt22 port (as
WANT_STATIC), which disables thread support.

Alex
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory