Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 02:56:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Sanda <entropy@compufit.at>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP (userland) troubles ?

Hi!

I'am not sure where this comes from, but at the moment I have some
troubles with the userland ppp.

The symptoms: After establishing the connection and setting the
              defaultroute *nothing* works, that means, the line seems
	      to be completely dead. Not even the peer can be pinged.
	      However, after a short while the symptoms vanish and
              everything is as it should be. I don't believe in faults
              at my provider, since I tested it with different accounts
              and basically got the same results.

	      Sometimes when I try to ping the peer, I get some "sendto:
              no buffer space available" messages before the reply
              packets start to drop in.

Config: (very)-current, everything ELF, ppp via plain and simple modem
dialup.

--
# /AS/                               http://privat.schlund.de/entropy/ #