Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:10:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Neudorf <chrisneudorf@yahoo.ca>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Install Problem

Hello,=0A=0AI have a problem installing FreeBSD 9.0 Releaseon my Lenovo Thi=
nkpad R61i laptop (4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 32-bit). It doesn't matter if I trie=
d installing it from the CD or the DVD, I still have the same problem. I ev=
en tried re-downloading and re-burning a new CD or DVD, and I'm still unabl=
e to install. I even have problems going through the "sysinstall" route.=0A=
=0A=0AIn the installation process, I'm able to go far to the partitioning a=
rea in where the problem occurs. I click for "Guided" partitioning and then=
 I receive this "Abort" message:=0A=0AAbort=0A------=0A=0AAn installation s=
tep has been aborted. Would you like to restart the installation or exit th=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 [ Exit ]=0A=0A---------=
----------------------------=0A=0AWhen I click restart I end up with the sa=
me result, and I end up in a neverending cycle of unable to install.=0A=0A=
=0A(I even have a the same problem installing from GhostBSD.) =0A=0A=0A=0AI=
s there any remedies to this problem? =0A=0A=0AThank you so much,=0A=0A--Ch=
ristopher