Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:23:31 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Theo Bell <freebsd@cfdnet.me.tuns.ca>
To:        Pran Joseph <pran@procsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Applet and Window Managers

Hi,

I use jdk1.1.8 as well on FreeBSD 3.4.  I also have a java applet. I have
never experienced your problems but in my Java code (which I inherited
from a previous developer) there are references to a "java bug" to do with
pack();

The code I have calls pack in a loop and packs until the bounds stop
changing. I have no idea if this is related to your problem, but I just
thought I suggest it.  I have included a few lines of my code for
reference.

Theo Bell
CFDnet.com

/* because of a java bug, pack until the getBounds() stop changing... */
                setResizable(true);
                Rectangle r;
                do {
                        r=getBounds();