Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:02:19 +0100
From:      arnaud.gibier@bt.com
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   device timeout

	Hi all,

I have install on a desktop FreeBSD-3.4 + Kame. I want to use a Lucent
WaveLAN PC
Card (IEEE 802.11) as an interface of that machine.
I have used the PAO patch for FreeBSD-3.4 to get my card detected.
I compiled my kernel with the PCMCIA options uncomment and the addition of
the wi0 device.
I added in my rc.conf file pccard_enable and pccard_mem.
I checked my pccard.conf file.
When I reboot my machine I have the following messages:

wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at 0x240-0x27f irq 5 on isa
wi0: Ethernet address: 00:60:1d:03:5b:2c

So my WaveLAN card is detected but after I get:

wi0: device time out

I cannot ping anything from wi0

I've seen from a previous e-mail that someone had the same problem as me but
unfortunately he was using FreeBSD-4.0 and solved his problem by updating 2
files pcic_p.c and pcic_p.h.
I have checked my files versions and they are v1.7.2.3 and v1.3.4.2 on
FreeBSD-3.4

Could someone tell me what I should do to solve my time out problem?
Thanks,

Arnaud.