Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:38:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcp_wrappers

Hello!

on a 4.x system: tcpd_chk(8) barks:
warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 71: popper: service possibly not wrapped
From some side symptoms I suspect it might be the case.
Does it make sense to run tcp_wrappers from the ports collection
on the popper daemon ?

I noticed that tcp_wrappers port in its Makefile has  :

.if exists(/usr/include/tcpd.h)
FORBIDDEN=      tcp_wrappers is in the base system
.endif

I wonder if there is any conflict if I used both base-system tcp_wrappers,
and the one from ports (the latter for wrapping a particular daemon).

Thanks,

Igor