Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:35:50 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: If Brett only knew...

I read most of the thread and I found it very interesting:

- Some people think that *BSD is a dead end and that they should focus
only on Linux or Hurd, others find BSD attractive. One comment that
caught my attention was similar to this "Well, linux will soon be the
most popular OS in the network and I don't want to be like everyone, I
want to use FreeBSD and Hurd".

- Most people in the Debian list want to see a mix of FreeBSD with
everything they like from Linux. If they don't mess up the licensing
issues, I think this can be the best that ever happened to FreeBSD. I
personally believe that WC would not lose many users, but Debian could
end up moving lot's of campers from Linux to FreeBSD.

- I hadn't noticed how much harm OpenBSD has done to the PR with *BSD,
and especially to the NetBSD guys. I used to think that FreeBSD
developers were sometimes innecessarily aggressive, well after reading
the Theo vs. NetBSD core team flame war, we are kittens :-).

- The name is important: I hope they stay with "Debian FreeBSD".
Actually, I am sure the first person to complain against a "Debian/GNU
FreeBSD" would be RMS.

In sum, Debian and any other distributor is welcome (All of this IMHO).

	Pedro.