Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 00:01:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Fredriksen <fredriks@Mcs.Net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting SMP on SuperMicro P6DNE fails

Hi,
	Building a current kernel (as of last night) with  the following
	SMP
	APIC_IO
	SMP_AUTOSTART
	SMP_TIMER_NC

and without I386_CPU and I486_CPU failed to boot. I booted to the point
where you get the TADA message saying that the second processor was
enabled and added to the scheduling queue and the issued a message about
it having found all the cpus. Then it just sat there. I will get a break
into the debugger tomorrow at that point to get a stack backtrace.

Are there drivers in the 3.0 tree that are not SMP safe? Like the sound
drivers etc??

Lars

Lars Fredriksen		fredriks@mcs.com		(home)
			lars@fredriks-2.pr.mcs.net	(home-home)