Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:35:20 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Koen Martens <fbsd@metro.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, d c <casteld73@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: SSH From within a Jail

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 09:26:05PM +0100, Koen Martens wrote:
+> Just remembered something else: do you jexec into the jail, or do
+> you do a proper logon (eg. ssh into the jail). I think that if you
+> jexec into the jail and then try to ssh, you might have a problem
+> because you aren't really logged in to the jail and thus have no
+> (psuedo) tty associated with your session..

I just saw this thread. Yes, you are right, I can confirm this.
To be able to ssh to another server from within a jail, you need to
log in to the jail properly (have access to your terminal), so
jexec won't work here.
Try to ssh into the jail and then ssh to another box.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--