Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 02:37:19 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GeForce2 support

Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au> probably said:
> I was wondering if the GeForce2 is supported under 4.2-stable?

Yes.

> Apparently XFree86 4.0.3 has drivers for it, but not earlier vers...

Yes.

> So can X 4.0.3 be installed on FreeBSD yet? I See there is a port
> for it, but I am wondering if there are problems etc?

Not that I've found. Some people have had a couple of issues with the
correct mouse configuration, which are in the archives.

> Also on the nvidia site (www.nvidia.com) they have a linux driver
> with and source, but there seems to be no port made for FreeBSD,
> why not? or is there one?

I'd assume because it's too linux specific. Other than the XFree86
support all that is missing is OpenGL support, which isn't something
anyone seems to have time for and I can't say I'm bothered about.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu