Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:39:58 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is there no info on the QPOPPER hack?

At 12:24 PM 7/22/98 -0400, Pat Lynch wrote:

>my god someone has a life...you sure you are one of us?

At my wedding, one of the Best Men toasted (or is it "roasted")
me by saying that he always thought I must be from another planet...
and that it was lucky that my new bride happened to be from the same
one. ;-)

>I always have one person to watch my machines when I'm gone, someone I
>trust, someone I know is up to date on security issues.

This is Laramie, Wyoming! The person watching the system was an NT expert,
and Heaven knows they have to know about security. But this happened so
fast after first postings of exploits that there was no time. And there was
no CERT advisory.

Had I gotten word, I even could have directed him to do something from abroad.

--Brett