Date:      Wed, 08 Jan 1997 15:40:05 -0800
From:      David Chamberlain <DavidC@OIAPDX.yoshida.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to NNTP

I have a computer running FreeBSD 2.1.6-RELEASE.  It is connected
directly to the internet via a 56k Frame Relay.  Our internet provider will
give us a news feed and filter it to any subset of newsgroups that we
want.

I want to make my FreeBSD machine into a news server.  It needs to
recieve the incoming news feed from the ISP and allow users on our
domain to connect and read/post articles.

Are there any how-to's or simple instructions on what packages I need
to install and how to configure it.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give.

David Chamberlain
Oregon International Airfreight
davidc@oiapdx.yoshida.com