Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:09:51 -0500
From:      Pete McKenna <pmckenna@qwest.net>
To:        francisv@dagupan.com
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ppp and libradius

I can't say that I've done this on NT, but Radius typically does
accounting on the port just above the authentication port.
The default ports used to be:

1645 Auth
1646 Acct
The official IANA assignment is now apparently:
1812 Auth
1813 Acct

I wasn't able to get valid acct packets out of libradius, and ended
up using radclient from freeradius, which worked very well for what
I needed to do.
YMMV

http://www.freeradius.org/

Pete

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 07:29:52PM +0800, francisv@dagupan.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've done some experiment with PPP and /etc/radius.conf and somewhat
> resulted positively. However, there is one catch: the RADIUS server,
> RadiusNT on Windows 2000, needs to know a port for it to log accounting
> data. Any experiences regarding this setup?
>
> --
> Francis Vidal [::Bitstop Internet::]
> streaming media services [v] +63 (75) 522-0092

Peter McKenna                                 Qwest Internet Solutions
pmckenna@qwest.net                                   Main 612-664-4000
                                                      FAX 612-664-4770