Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:16:23 +0200
From:      Colin Alston <karnaugh@karnaugh.za.net>
To:        Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org>
Cc:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stackless?

On 13/06/2007 20:29 Tim Kientzle wrote:
> Any plans for a port of Stackless Python?
>
> I've started using this at work and am rapidly
> becoming a convert.  It seems to simply replace
> regular Python, so oughtn't be too tricky.

Well yes and no, the package could be as a drop-in replacement for
CPython, but there are things which don't work on stackless such as
the widely used Twisted libraries.

It should be a port, but it shouldn't override c python.

--
Colin Alston ~ http://www.karnaugh.za.net/

Expecting one person to deal with all your problems is like praying
each time you require an ambulance: You'll eventually be dead long
before you get a response.