Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:58:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make world problem

> > yacc -d -o parse.c /usr/src/usr.bin/lex/parse.y
> > usage: yacc [-dlrtv] [-b file_prefix] [-p symbol_prefix] filename
>
> You need to build and install yacc first. Your installed yacc doesn't
> know about the -o arg. Are you building on an oldish -current, -stable
> or something else?

Why is the makefile depending on -o?

It makes much more sense to use the -b; at least that way, the
generated file is fairly recognizable as being the output of yacc.

It's really a pain, especially when someone is depending on particular
features, to get some code from the net and then not be able to "touch"
all the generated files so that I don't have to re-yacc them and thus
subject myself to this type of screwup.  8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.