Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 11:02:08 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        "FreeBSD SCSI List" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Controller timeout

My Buslogic controller keeps timing out with an old 5Mb/sec IBM
drive.

When I got the drive recently I did a verify and a format. Both
reported no problems. All was well until a few days ago when the
controller started to time out/recover. Most of the time the
system recovers, but it has crashed the machine twice.

Re-verified the surface and re-formated. No errors.
Is there are setting to increase the timeout wait time for the
SCSI drive?
Could it be the the drive is not fast enough to keep up with
FreeBSD?

What setting would be most helpful on trying to reduce this
timeout issue Async or Sync 5Mb?