Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:16:20 +0300
From:      Vladimir Zorin <v.zorin@peterhost.ru>
To:        Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.php.mk suggestion

Alex Dupre wrote:
> Vladimir Zorin ha scritto:
>> It's a common need, especially among internet-hosting providers, to have
>> several different PHP versions installed on a server.
>
> I'd like to remember that php4 is EOL.

Well, if only we lived in an ideal world...But in reality one often has
to use specific software long after it's out of production and
maintenance. Sometimes it is a whim, sometimes it is a need, it depends...

>> In my humble opinion it would do lots of good and save lots of efforts
>> if this patch could be incorporated into the default bsd.php.mk -
>> people who don't need to install several php versions will not be
>> affected
>> at all, but those who do will only gain.
>
> Can you try the following patch?
>
> http://www.alexdupre.com/bsd.php.mk.patch
>
> Since it shouldn't hurt common users I will commit it in the next days
> if you confirm me that's ok.

Yes, the patch you mentioned above is exactly what I've been talking
about! It'd be great if you commit it. Thank you!

Best regards, Vladimir Zorin