Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:40:55 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Alexey V. Naidyonov" <growler@tulatelecom.ru>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Databases

Hi.

I've got the same problem: I need stable database engine for
some ISP tasks (guestbooks, logging and so on :). I tried
MySQL (FreeBSD 2.2.2, MySQL 3.20.27-3.20.30), and found that
MySQL is not stable enough for me. The matter is that MySQL
hangs for a time with a serious load. The simple perl
script with a "connect,select,update,disconnect" sequence is
a good test: 10-15 looped scripts make MySQL to ignore connections
for a time. If anyone has any suggestions, I'll be happy :)
When I tried to repeat that on a Linux box, I didn't. So, I
guess, all it's only becouse I'm a newbie in FreeBSD and still
don't know some woodoo tricks :)

 Seriously, I'll be glad to read comparisions between freeware
databases, like msql, mysql, postgresql and any-I-didn't-hear-about.

 Thank you.

--
 Alexey V. Naidyonov