Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 16:02:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
To:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu (Stephen Tsai)
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MH 6.8.3 package problem!

Stephen Tsai wrote:

> The MH must have sendmail running on the local machine to work.  Am I
> right?  If the local machine does not running sendmail then the MH
> will not work properly?

The only alternatives I am aware of are:

1) install sendmail

2) write a program that pretends to be sendmail.  this could be a short
   shell script that reads in a file and sends it to your smart host.

3) recompile mh

I understand that you do not want to recompile mh, but it is very
easy to do with the ports files.  You can configure mh to do its
own delivery, but you must recompile it to do so.

4) you *might* get mh to work with smail 2.5.  it is very small and
   easy to configure.