Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:55:47 -0500
From:      Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
To:        steve lasiter <slas7713@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Still uable to install DarwinStreamingServer

steve lasiter wrote:
> I'm still looking for ANY help on getting Darwin
> Streaming Server installed, either via ports or
> manually. The port is broke and I've contacted the
> port maintainer and have got no reply. I'm also aware
> that he/she may be busy and I understand this so I'm
> not complaining and never would. My group is trying to
> offer streaming video on a FreeBSD machine and this is
> the biggest stumbling block we've ran into yet. There
> are no good examples of alternate installation
> processes on the web for FreeBSD and I'm one of those
> people that need a guide or something. I've modified
> some of the Install scripts out there after compiling
> the Darwin Streaming Server and have been unable to
> get them to install successfully. If anyone knows of
> anyone who has successfully installed this maybe I can
> get a quick down and dirty to follow. Any help is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Dean Lasiter

I don't really know the answer to your question, but are you sure
the port is still broken? I happened to notice that updates for it
came down the pipe whilst I was running cvsup on my ports collection
just yesterday, indicating it was updated in the last week or so.

If I go into that directory and issue a make, I get
Please get DarwinStreamingSrvr5.5-Source.tar from
         http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/
And, you must accept APSL (Apple Public Source License).
Then, put in /usr/ports/distfiles/DarwinStreamingSrvr5.5-Source.tar.

Which you'll see is rather different from your original post.

If you did do a recent cvsup, maybe some combination of make clean
or portsclean is also required?

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348