Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 14:05:50 -0500
From:      gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP C1553A autochanger.

Hey all,

	I have an HP C1553A DDS-2 6 Tape autolaoder/changer.  In the
docs for the drive, it specifies that that it can ork in changer mode,
which "SCSI Medium Changer" commands can be sent.

When the machine boots up, its recognized as a SCSI tape drive, but
not as a changer device (I have the ch driver compiled into the kernel
and I'm running 2.1R).

The drive works just fine in "stacker" mode, but I'd be much much
happier if I could randomly access cartridges.  If anyone has
experience with these drives and/or can give me a pointer to docs to
get it working, I'd appreciate it.

						--Gene

--
Gene W. Homicki                               gwh@spiders.com