Date:      Sat, 19 Nov 2011 06:44:28 -0800
From:      Patrick Powell <papowell@astart.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: epson r2400/2880 printers on freebsd8.2 amd64

On 11/19/11 01:53, David Southwell wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone up to date on how to do high quality printing with epson inkjet
> printers (in my case r2400 and r2880) on freebsd8.2 amd64 systems. print/pips*
> reports
> they require 386 and do not compile on amd64.
>
> Thanks in advance for useful pointers
>
> David

If you comment out ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= i386 in
/usr/ports/print/pips800/Makefile.pips
you can get it to compile.

HOWEVER:  there are a slew of warnings about 'cast from pointer to
integer of different size'
that may cause much grief and pain.   Most of these appear to be
generated in the GTK library,
and apparently by the use of a cast to implement the 'offsetof' capability.

Good luck...

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell@astart.com            1530 Jamacha Road, Suite X,