Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2013 21:19:27 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        office@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bumping libreoffice

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 07:50:26PM +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> Please take note of Porters' Handbook section 5.2.2.1.
>=20
> Build fixes are NOT a reason to bump portrevision!
>=20

Working on ports like LibreOffice is painful enough to have such aggressive
reaction. First the bump is deserved just because the package with default
options changed and to help the maintainers knowing exactly which version p=
eople
are building when they report failures.
Second LibreOffice is really hard to get building with all the different va=
riation
of the ports people can have ( mixed libstdc++, not uptodate version of dep=
endencies,
people with weird cflags and ldflags, and so.
Jung-uk Kim is doing a terrific work that is totally uneasy. He manages to =
get
LibreOffice building correctly and working without too much revision bump.

Have a look at the history Jung-uk has never done any graticious bump on th=
is
port.

I personnally resigned on maintaining LibreOffice exactly because of reacti=
ons
like this one, (also because Jung-uk Kim is actually doing a far better job=
 on
it than me :)).

regards,
Bapt