Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 17:33:33 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Neutrino Phantom <neutrino2000@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        spectretouch@earthlink.net
Subject:   Re: earthlink mail rejected by freebsd.org

On Tuesday,  7 July 1998 at  0:44:53 -0700, Neutrino Phantom wrote:
> I am unable to send any mail to a freebsd email address (mailing lists,
> majordomo, etc.) from my regular account with Earthlink
> (spectretouch@earthlink.net).  Why?  There is no connectivity problem on
> my end, because I know I can send mail to dozens of other ISP's.  The
> following is the entire error email I receive.  (Please send all replies
> to spectretouch@earthlink.net)

Earthlink is a known spam site, and lots of people, including FreeBSD,
have got so fed up with it that they have blocked it.  I'd recommend
another provider.  Unfortunately, hotmail is not a good choice
either.  Most of the mail I have had from hotmail has been spam, so I
have blocked that address.

I'm sorry if this inconveniences you.  You should either complain to
your provider and get them to stop spamming (hah!) or get a reputable
provider.

Things will look better in the future.  sendmail 8.9 provides for
exceptions in the blocking.  If anybody gets blocked by my mailer
(freebie.lemis.com or allegro.lemis.com), please contact me from
another provider and I'll make an exception for you.

Greg