Date:      11 Jun 2002 14:30:32 -0600
From:      Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
To:        kkumer@phy.hr
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DRI on PCI Matrox G450?

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 12:26, Kresimir Kumericki wrote:
> Dear all,
> Is it possible to get DRI running on *PCI* Matrox G450 Graphic card?
>
> I have played with it several hours on my FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p2 (i386)
> and XFree86 4.2.0_1, following all suggestions from the Google that I
> found relevant but to no avail. I compiled kernel with "option agp"
> and it loads fine, but drm-kmod-0.9.5_1 which then loads mga.ko
> produces the following error:

The AGP module is only useful for AGP cards.  PCI Matrox is not
supported in BSD, and as far as I know they are not supported on Linux
either.  The first requirement would then be to get DRI for the PCI
Matrox (the development of DRI drivers so far has always been lead by
Linux people).  I think the XFree86 members have enough information to
implement it, but I don't know of any existing projects to work on this.

In short, at this time it is not supported and won't be in the
forseeable future.

--
Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/dri/