Date:      02 May 2002 18:06:14 +0300
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <H@Schmalzbauer.de>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CD-Boot hangs on rootmounting MD (+DP1 crashes)

Am Do , 2002-05-02 um 17.44 schrieb John Baldwin:

> On 02-May-2002 Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > Am Do , 2002-05-02 um 13.29 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer:
> >
> > PXEbooting the -stable kernel.gz and mfsroot results in the same system
> > hang (mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c).
> >
> > DP1 crashes with the following:
> > unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
> > unknown: <PNP0c03> can't assign resources (memory)
> > psmcpnp0: irq resource info is missing; assuming irq 12
> >
> > Fatal trap12: page fault while in kernel mode
> > fault virtual address = 0x0
> > fault code            = supervisor read, page not present
> > instruction pointer   = 0x8:0xc164cac1
> > stack pointer         = 0x10:0xcb931d00
> > frame pointer         = 0x10:0xcb931d1c
> > code segment          = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
> >                       DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> > processor eflags      = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
> > current process               = 27 (irq10: sn0)
> > trap number           = 12
> > panic: page fault
>
> Can you stick ddb in this kernel adn get a traceback?  It's a NULL
> pointer dereference bug.
>
> Actually, for DP1, isn't ddb already in the kernel?

Of course, but somebody needs to tell me what to do (I wrote the last
line of code 12 years ago in Pascal, and I've never used gdb)

I think I can remember that there is some debuging FAQ but I can't read
it NOW (perhaps at the weekend)

If it isn't too complicated and understanding the things I'm typing is
not needed, just tell me what to do (outside the list?)

-Harry