Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 14:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        cstruble@vt.edu
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A running pthreads?

have you talked to CAP? (the guy who seems to be in charge of it)?
he said he was working on a FreeBSD port.
If he and you can agree about joining forces so that
we get a single version that is the same as his latest 'global' version
then it'll go straight into the tree, no questions asked..

let us know if you can't contact him....
and we'll take your stuff anyhow as an interim solution till
it's all pretty :)

julian
(p.s. if you DO find him, we probably want a FreeBSD person to
work with him to make sure it stays up-to-date under FreeBSD..
whould you like the job?

jordan, do you have up-to-date info on the pthreads maintainer?

julian

> I keep reading about getting pthreads running under 2.x. I have built a
> 1.60b2 version and managed to get it working. I'm reluctant to put it out
> for random consumption because the installation is less than palatable.

julian