Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:34:05 -0700
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        greyrain77@excite.com, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM: 03.40: Question - startx, KDE

On Thursday 10 July 2003 10:21 am, Eric B. wrote:

> I have FreeBSD 5.1 installed, I know the startx command and am
> familiar with using it from Mandrak-Linux. However, when I use the
> startx command with FreeBSD it gives me an X-Window environment. What
> file do I have to configure to have KDE start by using the startx
> command and how do I configure it?

KDE runs under the X Window System (XFree86). So everything is working
the way it should. The only thing left is to tell the X Window System
that you want to use KDE instead of the default twm.

This list is not supposed to ask technical questions, so I can't give
you a technical answer. But I can direct you to the FreeBSD Handbook,
section 5.7.2.2, which tells you everything you need to know. The
Handbook is online at <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/>; and if you
installed it, locally at </usr/share/doc/handbook/>.

David