Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 20:24:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIS/YP problems after cvsupdate

Hello.

Three weeks ago I did the last cvsupdate on our FBSD 4.3 boxes.
On our master NIS/YP server rpc.ypxfrd is running due the fact
all of our boxes within this area run FreeBSD 4.3.

Until last weekend an cron driven make in /var/yp worked well.
It pragated the maps every hour to the slave servers.

Last weekend I did the first cvupdate, yesterday the last one.
First thing I realized was that fxp now needs miibus code (??).

well, now our master NIS server is stock in sending to the slaves.
It gets timeouts and messages about pending transaction processes.

what happened? Why is that an up and down with NIS/YP in FreeBSD?

Nothing has been changed within the configuartion since the last month,
so I'm sure this problem is either triggered by 'obsolete configs', but
nothing has been changed that way or by changes in networking or NIS/.YP
related things.

Has anybody realized the same?

Thanks, Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)