Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:42:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Rami Soudah <rsodah@index.com.jo>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Home Network

Good, you're on the right track.

Quick and dirty:
  1.  Assign IP addresses to the FreeBSD box and the Windows box.
      Be sure to use non-routable addresses:
      10.X.X.X, 192.168.X.X, 172.16.X.X
  2.  Assuming that you're connecting via a modem and PPP the easiest
way to accomplish this is to run 'ppp' with the '-alias' switch.
  3.  Tell the Windows box that the FreeBSD box is the gateway and
you're all set.

You should check out the FreeBSD diary at http://www.freebsddiary.com/
for a more detailed explanation and some real world examples.

If you're using a cable modem or *DSL you'll find useful information
at FreeBSD diary.

Good luck...