Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 21:43:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@gil.net>
To:        Michael Nix <Mike.Nix@amd.com>
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1.5 SCSI install.

Michael,

Just a shot in the dark here (being fairly new to BSD myself), however,
when trying to boot BSD from DOG I ran into a similar problem - it was
caused by:

Himem and Emm386

When I remmed them out of the config file I had no problem booting from
the CD.

Of course there will be alot of complaining from loadhigh (LH) but the
device drivers will load and you probably can install from the CD. The
reason the disk installation worked is that you booted from the floppy and
all the DOG doo doo didn't get in the way.

by the way - I'm envious, a lot of high powered hardware there!

Keith
keithl@gil.net
Maybe if we knew where we were rushing to - it would all make sense