Date:      Tue, 25 May 99 14:24:44 BST
From:      Terry Glanfield <terry@program-products.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   console terminal server and power loss

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is not strictly on topic.

I have an old 386 that I'm trying to configure as a terminal server
for several Sun's serial consoles.  Everything works fine except that
when the power is dropped on the server, a BREAK is sent to all the
serial ports resulting in the Suns dropping down to the boot prompt.
I'm trying to do this on the cheap so switched power supplies is out.
I'm using 3.2-STABLE if that makes any difference.  Any other
suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,
Terry.