Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 21:47:15 -0500
From:      John Murray <jmurray@vt.edu>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fxtv problems

I recently purchased a STB TV PCI card, and installed the driver and fxtv.  I
can watch TV in fxtv just fine. But when I attempt to do any type of capture
it doesn't work.  If I freeze an image, then try to save it I get a error
message saying that there's no frozen image.  Also if try to save the video,
nothing is captured.  This seems to be a problem transferring images to main
memory.  What is weird, I downloaded videocapture.c from the bt848 page, and
it will capture images.  I know there is not a lot of information here, but I
have no clue as to where to start fixing this problem.

This machine is running:  FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE

here is part of the boot messages:

bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 14 on pci0:7
STB TV/PCI, Temic NTSC tuner, dbx stereo.

Any help is appreciated,  if you need any more information just ask.

Of course I could just be missing some obvious.

--
John Murray - jmurray@vt.edu johns@tmbg.org - http://www.acm.vt.edu/~jmurray
Unofficial Pritchard Hall Page->http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jmurray/pritchard