Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:21:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Frank Terhaar-Yonkers <fty@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dealing with the 3c589 PC card

> I've got a Toshiba Tecra 500 with -current on it and I'm trying to get
> the 3c589 talking.
>
> 1) It does work fine with winDOZE
> 2) Various drivers see the card at bootup (ze0, zp0 but not ep0)

Does it work then?

> 3) I'd rather use the PCCARD stuff.  From looking back thru FreeBSD-questions
>    it appears that PCCARD and zp0 are mutually exclusive.  Yes?

Yes.

> Would some kind soul pls send me working a working set of config files?
> It looks like I need:  /etc/sysconfig & /etc/pccard.conf   others?

/etc/sysconfig needs to be modified for your site in the same manner as
the ifconfig lines above:

So, if you have
#
network_interfaces="lo0 zp0"
ifconfig_zp0="inet 127.0.0.1"

(Obviously bogus)

Below you would use:
pccard_ifconfig="inet 127.0.0.1"

Look in /etc/pccard.conf.sample which should give you the correct
entries for you 3Com card.

Nate