Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:24:26 -0800
From:      "Mike McGranahan" <mikemcg@ucla.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dual booting FreeBSD 4.7 and Windows XP

> Instead of going through a lot of quirky Windows headaches and fixes, you
can get a second
> computer and divide the OSs on them.  Second hand computers with monitors
go for $150,
> complete.  If you have been in computers for a while, you probably have a
lot of old
> cards, etc. just lying around.  You will save yourself a lot of time.
That is probably
> worth more than the $150, right there.

I do have a couple second hand Pentium computers, on which I've been
learning FreeBSD.  But I'm transitioning to using FreeBSD as my primary
environment on my main computer, and I need to keep Windows XP until I'm
completely comfortable with FreeBSD.  Unfortunately Windows XP would never
run on a Pentium, so I have to dual-boot during this transition.

Mike

P.S. Sorry for any duplicate emails, I forgot to use Reply All. =/