Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 12:44:55 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "jlemon@americantv.com" <jlemon@americantv.com>, "pat.groce@state.sd.us" <pat.groce@state.sd.us>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: unix is a problem: free bsd doesn't help

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:30:10 -0600, pat.groce@state.sd.us wrote:

>I couldn't get anything but 3.0 over the net. I mean i download boot.flp and
>fdimage.exe, made my install disk, and 3.0 was what i got. DON'T BLAME ME, I
>DID EVERYTHING THE WWW.FREEBD.ORG TOLD ME TO FOR AN INSTALL. Why didn't the
>web site or setup program warn me not to install 3.0?

These statements that you make indicate that you began your career as a
DOS/Windows troll, and can't handle real computer science.

>The web page at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html made it all
>sound so simple. I didn't know there were hidden issues!

Again, here you go indicting yourself as someone without the requisite
experience to administer a unix system, or any other computer system
for that matter.  You are incompetent, fire yourself or quit.

>If the system isn't configured correctly its FREEBSD'S fault!

What?  Are you serious?

> Why can't a
>fresh install even stand on two legs? So what if its out of disk space? Not
>my fault. It should have configured the partitions correctly from the first
>place. What a joke! And you're blaming ME for the system having problems?

What?  Are you serious?

>ADMIT IT! FREEBSD CAN NEVER HOLD A CANDLE TO NT. ONLY A MOUNTAIN TROLL WHO
>SPENDS HIS DAYS SLOBBERING OVER A KEYBOARD HACKING SYSTEM CODE COULD EVER
>GET IT WORKING.
>
>This os is not for the business world!

Actually, people not even as smart as you probably are have installed
FreeBSD and successfully run ISPs with it.  Microsoft will hold your
hand, don't worry, girlie-man.  Hans and Franz will take care of unix
for you.

In all seriousness, please tell your boss that you are NOT a unix
system admin and if he'll fire your incompetent ass, he'll be able to
afford a competent person.
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.