Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 08:07:22 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: salesman is thinking.....

Don Wilde wrote:

> Edwin Culp wrote:
> >
> > Time to put on my flame proof suit.  I can't wait any more.  What is
> > wrong
> > with comming up with a vga xwindows and a simple mozilla as a
> > configuration
> > front end for configuration.  This is the front end that more than maybe
> > 80 Million people are using.  Doesn't this tell us something?  How many
> > people are using Tcl/Tk or any other option?
>
> Well, actually, I sorta had something like that in the back of my mind,
> but you have to have the Apache AND the Mozilla AND the <name your own
> poisonous CGI script language> loaded to go there.

I don't see the CGI script language as a problem.  It would probably be
better to only use one as we normally use C but we have C++, perl, awk,
sh, etc happily coexisting as I  assume most everyone else has.

I see this as the real marketing oportunity.  Your machine comes
up with the familiar Netscape in a windows environment that isn't
too different "cosmetically" from what they are used to.

ed