Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 08:37:43 -0500
From:      "James E. Marker" <jemstone@triplet.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Michael Slater" <mikey@iexpress.net.au>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 and FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE

I am using a 2940U and a 2940UW and the only problem I have had is they do
not like to reboot.  This seems to be a problem with the adapter itself, not
FreeBSD.  I also have a 2940U in a Windoze95 machine and it behaves the same
way.  What it does on reboot is find all the devices, and then freeze up
before it says the SCSI BIOS is loaded.  This hasn't been a problem for me
since I don't do remote reboots, and my servers have been up for weeks.