Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:57:17 -1000
From:      "Booker" <booker@lava.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   compile error for apache2, asking for openssl but it's installed via ports.

I'm trying to install apache2 from ports but I get this error when doing
a make:

/usr/ports/www/apache2% make
This port requires the OpenSSL library, which is part of
the FreeBSD crypto distribution but not installed on your
machine. Please see the "OpenSSL" section in the handbook
(at
"http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/openssl.html"
, for instance)
for instructions on how to obtain and install the FreeBSD
OpenSSL distribution.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

It is true that I do not have openssl installed via the standard
distribution.  It is also set to not build openssl in /etc/make.conf.
But I do have openssl installed via ports.  The version I'm running at
the moment from ports is 0.9.6g but the apache2 port doesn't see it.
Any suggestions to get apache2 working from ports?

Mahalo,
Booker