Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:49:05 -0000
From:      "Henry Whincup" <henry@jot.to>
To:        "\"Amandeep Pannu\"" <aman@chamkila.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partiotioning 2.2TB Under FreeBSD 5.2.1

> I am new to this big arrays. FreeBSD 5.2.1 doesnt see all the 2.2TB.
So am I, and I had the same problem recently.  I used 5.3-Stable as of a
couple of weeks ago so YMMV, but...

> GEOM: create disk da0 dp=0xc832fc50
> da0 at twa0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> da0: <3ware Logical Disk 00 1.00> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-0 device
> da0: 100.000MB/s transfers
> da0: 2384080MB (4882595840 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 303927C)
Looks good to me.

You may want to have a look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/bigdisk/

Note that fdisk will only support upto 2TB partitions (aka slices in BSD),
and only allow you access to under 2TB of a disk, you seem to be just over
this limit.  Therefore you may have to use gpt(8).

Thus for you:
# gpt create da0
# gpt add da0

Will create /dev/da0p1 and it will use the entire disk (use gpt show da0 to
check), however it will probably not be bootable.
Also note that disklabel/bsdlabel dosen't like values over 2TB, so you have
to use gpt to partition the disk as you want.

Henry