Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:04:26 -0700
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   TLS on ARM and MIPS

I've been working on integrating jemalloc back into FreeBSD's libc, and =
ran into the lack of TLS on ARM and MIPS.  Is this something that's =
likely to be addressed soon?  If not, I'm going to have to modify libthr =
to deal with TSD bootstrapping issues -- FreeBSD's pthreads =
implementation *loves* to call malloc. =3D(

While I'm asking about TLS, it's worth asking whether any of the other =
platforms still lack TLS support for non-PIC binaries.  If so, that will =
force the TSD issue anyway.

Thanks,
Jason=