Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 13:25:59 GMT
From:      Stephen Tsai <tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu>
To:        jan@bagend.atl.ga.us, tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MH 6.8.3 package problem!

>> The only alternatives I am aware of are:
>>
>> 1) install sendmail

The reason that I don't want to run sendmail on a local machine is that
I want all the e-mail to be handled by the server mcchine of the
network.  So, this probably not a alternative for me.

>> 2) write a program that pretends to be sendmail.  this could be a short
>>    shell script that reads in a file and sends it to your smart host.

>> 3) recompile mh
>> I understand that you do not want to recompile mh, but it is very
>> easy to do with the ports files.  You can configure mh to do its
>> own delivery, but you must recompile it to do so.

I can recompile mh if it is really necessary and there is no other simple
way to make the mh work properly on the client machines.

>> 4) you *might* get mh to work with smail 2.5.  it is very small and
>>   easy to configure.
Since it's *might*.  I would go for other alternatives.

I will try to recompile the mh.  Could you please tell me how to configure
mh to do its own delivery?  Thanks for your help.

Yao-Wen Stephen Tsai 8/17/95