Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:47:24 -0600
From:      Krzysztof Parzyszek <kparz@iastate.edu>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@LUCIDA.CA>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PS/2 mouse problem solved

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 04:33:19PM -0500, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> I'm curious, what kind of KVM do you have?

StarView SV201

> I have a Belkin Omniview SE here, and I have a little problem with it. If
> I unplug the main PS/2 cable (attached to mouse) then plug it back in, I
> lose the mouse in FreeBSD, however, if I cycle the banks on the KVM I get
> a mouse back, but it is eratic and out of control (even if I kick out of X
> and use moused on the console).

Plugging and unplugging a PS/2 device when the computers are on scares me.
I heard it can fry the motherboard. I don't touch the cables after turning
everything on.
I don't have any problems after switching banks on the KVM back and forth.

> A reboot is required to fix it. Has anyone else seen this? There are no
> errors logged on the console when this happens :(

I guess I have seen someone mention it either on this mailing list
or on -questions some time ago.

--
  ,oOo.Bc -=EE    Krzysztof Parzyszek <hektor@iname.com> 11/29/2000 3:41pm
-'7' `L'                            ---Entropy isn't what it used to be...