Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:00:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        cc@137.org (Chris Csanady)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv / audio problems..

> I am using a brooktree848, and am experiencing some problems
> with recording audio.  I have "Fxtv.mixerChannel: cd" in my
> Xresources--and while audio works, it still records from the
> line instead of the cd input.  xmmix shows that the cd is the
> record source though. :\  Any ideas?

yes -- names for input sources are screwed up in the driver
(but the reason is that the various MSS 'clones' are all slightly
different). try use some other source and see how it works.

> There are problems recording as mpeg audio as well, but they
> are much more tangible--still, does this work for anyone?
> If so, what layers, and are you using the default ports?

i think the audio mpeg encoder assumes that the input is in big-endian
format, which is not. I sent a PR about it (don't remember if there was
also some other similar problem -- check the PR database)

	luigi