Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2006 04:41:10 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Vincent Blondel <vincent@xtra-net.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DESTDIR problems ...

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 10:22:43AM +0100, Vincent Blondel wrote:

Something is wrong with your mail client, your reply was intermingled
with my email without quoting it in a recognizable way.  I've repaired
this for now but please fix this in future.

Also, somehow you managed to ignore the "reply-to" that I added to try
and correct your previous off-topic email.

> > a) mount the ports tree inside your jail (e.g using nullfs) and build
> > it "as normal"

> I tried earlier to mount some nfs shares but I saw on the net this does
> not seem possible from within a jail.

It is possible...so I guess you read something bogus.

> I did not know it was possible with nullfs fs. I will try it and this is
> sure a solution for my problem.

> > b) Use precompiled packages within your jail, e.g. from the FTP site
> > using pkg_add -r or 'make package' outside the jail.
>=20
> this is not always easy to add precompiled ports when I have to be
> asolutely sure all paramaters I'd like to have are well included in this
> package ... like PAM, SASL, GSSAPI, LDAP, KRB5.
>=20
> Furthermore, I do not think there are some precompiled packages for ports
> like JDK.

That's why I said "or 'make package'", i.e. create your own packages
with the settings you want.

Kris

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--